Thursday, July 2, 2015

JUNE WRAP UP

Hello friends! Time flies so fast, it feels like June started yesterday (such a cliche saying lol) anyway, I read a total of 4 books this month. I repeat 4 books.

I know there are a lot of people who don't get to read a book in a month even a year, but seriously I'm just upset that I read only 4 books this month. I blame school. I hardly have time to read at all! *sigh* Putting that aside, here's my June Wrap up!

* * * ** 
Title: P.S. I Still Love You (To all the boys I've loved before #2) by Jenny Han
My Ratings: 3/5 bananas
Goodreads description: *description contains spoilers of the previous book*
My thoughts on the book: It was good. I just didn't like who Lara Jean ended up with. The first half of the book was dragged on, there was also some unnecessary dramas that occurred. The ending was rushed. Everything happened too fast. There was a lot of drama going on and then suddenly everything was solved. It was like "Hey this is the ending. Not everything was talked through but it's alright" But this book was such a quick read.




*

Title: The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
My Ratings: 4/5 bananas
Goodreads description: When Gia Montgomery's boyfriend, Bradley, dumps her in the parking lot of her high school prom, she has to think fast. After all, she'd been telling her friends about him for months now. This was supposed to be the night she proved he existed. So when she sees a cute guy waiting to pick up his sister, she enlists his help. The task is simple: be her fill-in boyfriend—two hours, zero commitment, a few white lies. After that, she can win back the real Bradley.

The problem is that days after prom, it's not the real Bradley she's thinking about, but the stand-in. The one whose name she doesn't even know. But tracking him down doesn't mean they're done faking a relationship. Gia owes him a favor and his sister intends to see that he collects: his ex-girlfriend's graduation party—three hours, zero commitment, a few white lies.

Just when Gia begins to wonder if she could turn her fake boyfriend into a real one, Bradley comes waltzing back into her life, exposing her lie, and threatening to destroy her friendships and her new-found relationship.


My thoughts on the book: I really enjoyed this book. It was such a cute and light read! I had a problem with the ending though, some problems weren't entirely solved and it kinda left me hanging. If you want to know more of my thoughts, here's my full book review

*

Title: Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes (Falling Kingdoms #1)
My Ratings: 4.5/5 bananas
Goodreads description: In the three kingdoms of Mytica, magic has long been forgotten. And while hard-won peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest now simmers below the surface.

As the rulers of each kingdom grapple for power, the lives of their subjects are brutally transformed... and four key players, royals and rebels alike, find their fates forever intertwined. Cleo, Jonas, Lucia, and Magnus are caught in a dizzying world of treacherous betrayals, shocking murders, secret alliances, and even unforeseen love.

The only outcome that's certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

It's the eve of war.... Choose your side.


Princess: Raised in pampered luxury, Cleo must now embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of magic long thought extinct.

Rebel: Jonas, enraged at injustice, lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country cruelly impoverished. To his shock, he finds himself the leader of a people's revolution centuries in the making.

Sorceress: Lucia, adopted at birth into the royal family, discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Heir: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, firstborn son Magnus begins to realise that the heart can be more lethal than the sword....


My thoughts on the book: I really really enjoyed this book! Great cast of characters and great world building. The only problem I had with this was that some parts were predictable, those supposed to be ''big reveals'' were not really a big reveal for me. If you want to know more of my thoughts, here's my full book review! 

*
Title: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle #2)
My ratings: 4/5 bananas
Goodreads description: *Description contains spoilers for the previous book*
My thoughts on the book: This book is really good and very confusing at the same time. The whole series is confusing as hell. Seriously. But above that, it's really mind blowing. There's a lot of twists and turns that won't see coming. It knocked of a star because the supposed to climactic scene wasn't all that climactic for me. If you want to know more of my thoughts, here's my full book review!





* * * * *
Those are all the books that I have devoured in the month of June. How was your June reading month? I hope you're haveing a great day and happy reading! byeee xx





No comments:

Post a Comment