Tuesday, December 22, 2015

ANGELFALL by SUSAN EE ; BOOK REVIEW

Publisher: Hodder and Stoughton
Publication date: May 23, 2013
Format: Paperback
Number of pages: 326
Goodreads description: It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.



* * * * *

I was never a fan of angel books. I got traumatized (just kidding) after reading Fallen by Lauren Kate. I'm sorry for those I have offended for stating that but I did not enjoy that book.
 I was a bit hesitant in starting this one for maybe my money will go to waste and I will be disappointed.
And my feelings for this book was the opposite. I have fallen in love with it.

This is a post apocalyptic book wherein angels have invaded the world. Basically they're the bad guys now. But then, Penryn's sister gets taken away by the enemy. Now she has to work with one of the angels herself to save her sister from their hands.

The plot alone is amazing and somehow feels realistic. There's different plot lines that was in the whole duration of the book. Different plot lines that I did not expect. You'll never know where the story would go. First it started off small then the next thing you'll know, you're in this high mountain overlooking every single thing.

Most people think this book was gory. Well, it actually is. But for me, it wasn't that gruesome. I've read worse. Anyway, if you aren't accustomed to reading bloody scenes, I advice you don't eat when reading this book. The picture stays on your head for quite a while.

I enjoyed Penryn's character. I was really amazed of her determination to save her sister. And amazed of how she puts her life in order with all the chaos around her. She got her priorities straight (I need to learn that from her) Even when she got this handsome (scratch that) hot angel dude by her side, she didn't let her guard down (like what most protagonist would do cough Fallen cough)

sorry not sorry

she's a kick ass female character that knows that saving her sister is much more important than flirting with angels or boys no matter how hot they are. 

Raffe, the angel who Penryn has to stick with, was really really hot. If you've noticed I kept on repeating that. I just needed to make a point. He's hot. Really hot. Raffe is smart and really funny. I don't know why but Penryn and Raffe's crazy banter makes me laugh. I just ship them really hard. They have already sailed in my sea. Also, did I mention that it's a slow burning romance? Well, it is. That just got plus points right there. Instalove irritates all of us, they make us want to pull our hair out. But thank goodness, there was none of that here.  

I just love how Susan Ee incorporated some family issues in this post apocalyptic book. It's both creepy and awesome at the same time. And for a fact that this is a post apocalyptic book and you some issues were addressed

There was never a dull moment in this book. It's super fast paced. Your jaw will be dropping at every end of the chapter. Every page is full of thrill and action that will take you at the edge of your seat. If you're skeptical about reading this book, don't be. It's amazing.


5/5 BANANAS

No comments:

Post a Comment