Sunday, November 1, 2015

OCTOBER WRAP UP

Hey guys! another month has passed, a wrap up is also here to welcome you! 


(awh such a cute bear. im sorry, i had to put him in this post)
 I've read a total of 3 books this month and DNF'ed one. It's a pretty decent amount since my exams were on the month of October and my extra-curricular activities had big events on this month too but I still managed to read 3 books! 

* * * * *


 My ratings: 3/5 bananas
My thoughts: This book was a fast read but I didn't enjoy it as much as ''The Fill-In Boyfriend'' which is another work of Kasie West. I find this book as an okay-meh work. A cliche main character for my taste. That's why I didn't connect with her nor with the love interest. But, I do love how Kasie West adds family dynamics in her books. Although, I wish she went in depth with the topic about the main character's mother. The book ended hastily and it seems like the puzzle wasn't complete. But overall, I still enjoyed this one.








My Ratings: 4.5/ 5 bananas
My thoughts: A great conclusion for the Shatter Me trilogy! Tahereh's writing is captivating and lovely as usual. The reason on why I gave it a 4.5 and not a full 5 stars is because I needed more Adam + Aaron + James moments. Nothing much happens in the middle parts but the ending made up for it. Speaking of the ending, it was a bit open for me. I needed an epilogue. Please. An epilogue would make everyone happy. Juliette's character development throughout the whole trilogy was astounding! Also, Warner is perfection.








My Ratings: 5/5 bananas
My thoughts: Wow, this book. I fell in love with the characters almost immediately. I find the main character, Penryn, so funny. I can't even tell you how much I laughed in this book. Raffe just got added to my long list of book boyfriends. I loved every bit of this book. I can't contain my feelings. I need the next book. Full review to come.











My Ratings: DNF
My thoughts: The writing didn't suit with me. It was a mix of tell and showing. I didn't connect with any of the characters as well. The settings was not described properly and the world building was poor. A lot of information was being dumped but they weren't explained. Sigh. So much potential but it was not flushed out properly. 











* * * * *
Those are the books that I've read for the month of October! This was one hell of a month but I'm happy that I still managed to read 3 books. What are the books that you've read last month? Did you finished all of them? 









No comments:

Post a Comment