Wednesday, August 19, 2015

TOP 5 TROPES I HATE IN BOOKS

Hey whatsup hello! (song reference. get it?)
 I'm here for another T5W! this week's topic is, top 5 tropes you hate in books! Tropes, that just make you roll your eyes due to frustration. 

Not just roll your eyes, maybe throw the book across the room too. 


5.

"I'M TOO SKINNY. AND I HAVE DULL BROWN HAIR AND BORING BLUE EYES"

Stop, girl. WELL, TAKE TIME TO APPRECIATE YOURSELF. Sigh, I just hate it when female characters say these things to themselves. I mean, I would die to have blue eyes. (I have dark brown, if ya'll wondering)

4.

"I'M NOT LIKE OTHER GIRLS"

Yup, I haven't heard that line before. NOT. Seriously, those female characters who 'does not like girly things'  who 'eats a lot but never gets fat' who is 'boyish and does not wear make up' 
I'm just tired of those. Be realistic. You're being that ''other girls'' by saying that line. 

3.

"BEST FRIEND WHO'S PART OF THE LOVE TRIANGLE"

As +Riley Marie (a youtuber) likes to call it "the gayle" in the books (as in Gayle in the hunger games). I'm tired of having the best friend as one of the guys in the love triangle. *cough the grisha trilogy cough*  I don't know why, but I don't root for those best friend guy. 

2.

"I'M IN LOVE WITH 2 GUYS AT ONCE. WHO SHOULD I PICK? I'M CONFUSED."

Umm, NO! This is the love triangle that I hate. There's also a love triangle wherein two guys like a girl but the female character likes one guy only. I'm totally fine with that. BUT A GIRL FALLING IN LOVE WITH BOTH MEN. NO! not happening. This is the reason why I do not want to start the Selection series. I hate this kind of love triangles. 

1.

"I KNOW I JUST MET HIM LIKE YESTERDAY. BUT I LOVE HIM ALREADY"

Insta love. A very common thing in books. Not just YA. This does not happen in real life, okay? nobody can fall in love with some dude right after she met him. I want a slow burning romance. Not some love that escalated after they 

* * * * *
Those are the top 5 tropes that I really hate. What are yours? 

-------------------
T5W was created by +gingerreadslainey from youtube

3 comments:

  1. In most cases , I don't hate specific tropes because authors can twist them in many ways but I cannot stand insta-love or "not like the other girls." characters. It just seems so unrealistic and forced! I hate this big idea in fiction that the way to make a character original is to make them an outcast. I like being able to figure out the character based on the little things like the way they answer questions , stating that they're "different" is not original and in a way it's just lazy!

    Great list! Have a good day!
    My TTT: http://rambling-reads.blogspot.ie/2015/08/top-5-character-tropes-that-i-hate-top.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! The constant insecurity of most female MC's... good one! So tiresome. How about someone who has bigger issues than they don't like their hair or they're "too skinny." Ugh.
    My T5W list is here: http://bit.ly/1J4LsTF

    ReplyDelete