Monday, April 27, 2015

CATCHING JORDAN BY MIRANDA KENNEALLY; BOOK REVIEW

Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publication date: December 1st 2011
Number of Pages: 283
Format: Paperback
Goodreads Description: ONE OF THE BOYS

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?



* * * * *
It took me so long to read this book, once I started it I always put it down and not pick it up again. Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon pushed me to read this book even further. So, Thank you read-a-thon.

This book, is really for teenagers. I had a lot of problems with this book, let's talk about it one by one.

I already knew what would happen and i was just like 15 pages in AND i didn't even read the goodreads description of the book . That rarely happens. It happens mostly in contemporary for me, but on rare occasions. I knew that there would be a guy that plays the same spot as her that would enter the school and stuff. Very predictable.

I didn't connect with the characters. I'm so frustrated because of Jordan.  I was like:

because of her actions. For example, falling apart by just seeing a cute guy but there's a bunch of super-hot-model-like guys in her team. I just want to smack her in the face with a brick. While the other characters make me roll my eyes. 

And all the characters seem to talk about is, BOYS. I mean, when I'm with my friends, we also talk about different stuff. Not just boys. And, all guys seem to be HOT. I mean, every guy in the book was described as HOT aka guy with beautiful eyes and has 6 pack abs 


I wish the story had more depth to it. PLUS this book has too much stereotyping.

Okay, let's go to the things that i liked about this book. I like how it's written.There's some chapters that's written in poetry form and I really enjoyed that. I liked the relationships of Jordan with her brother and the resolution in her relationship with her dad. 

Overall, this book was a fun read. It was a light, contemporary romance. But I've read a lot of books that are similar to this one that I've predicted every bit of it. I know I had a lot of problems with it but it was an easy read nonetheless. But it's not the book that I would buy and it's pretty forgettable 

Okay that's all.


3 BANANAS





No comments:

Post a Comment