Friday, March 13, 2015

TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE BY JENNY HAN; BOOK REVIEW

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books
Publication date: April 15, 2014
Number of Pages: 355
Format: Hardcover
Goodreads Summary: 

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.




* * * * *
Hello everyone! My name is Czar and today I'm going to do a review on the book, To All the boys I've loved before by Jenny Han :) 

The cover, people! A+ to the design team. I seem to always say that on every book review, but there are a lot of books that have pretty covers. 

I adored this book! I read this in just one sitting, which is really rare for me. I usually read books for a day and a half, but not in 1 sitting. So by that, you can say that I love this book. 

Many people hate this book, because of Lara Jean, our main character, talks and thinks like a 13 year old. Well, I don't think so. People are different, and think different. I just love her character and I don't care what other people think about her. 

And I saw character development in Lara Jean. I saw her grow up and taking her responsibilities. And her making new friends and connecting with her family. This book wasn't just about her love letters getting sent out, it was also about family and friendships. 

I thought I already knew Margo, (her sister), but I didn't. I saw different layers of Margo's personalities. That she isn't just this goody goody older sister model, that there's this teenager who rebels.And I want to see Margo accepting things, and I want to see her having fun with life on the 2nd book. Since on this book, it seems that she is very bossy. But her character is realistic, as well as Peter.

Peter. *sighs dreamily* His character is very realistic. You can see a lot of Peter everywhere. I saw character development happen to him. At first, I think he was just a plain character who's dumb and typical popular dude. But he isn't. The Romance was very good. I was like:



I didn't really like the ending. But it was sort of satisfying enough for me. A lot of people may hate it, but I think it's just a way for reading to anticipate the next book more. There was just enough fluffiness and just goodness in this book. This is the first Jenny Han book that I've read, and I will soon be reading more! Her writing is addictive and she has created a beautiful novel right here :)

Overall, I loved this book. I recommend this book to people who like easy and light contemporary read. 



5 BANANAS

No comments:

Post a Comment