Thursday, March 12, 2015

REBEL BELLE BY RACHEL HAWKINS; Book Review

Publisher: Putnam Juvenile 
Publication date: April 8, 2014
Number of pages: 345
Format: Hardcover

 Goodreads summary:
Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him—and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.
 





* * * * *
Hello everyone! My name is Czar, you can call me Esther. And today, im going to be reviewing on Rebel Belle By Rachel Hawkins. Many of you must have seen this cover somewhere or heard about it. Because this book is being raved on, basically everywhere.

Let's take a moment to admire this wonderful cover! Kudos to the team who designed it! You get an A+

.
This cover really has a connection to the story, which most book covers lack. I first wanted to read this because of the amazing cover. Yup. But then, i heard these amazing reviews about it. But this book wasn't really on top of my priority list. It was just there. 

What really got me to read this book is the premise. It looks like a fun, easy read with action to it. The way that Harper got her powers was really funny. I'm not gonna spoil it to you guys but it was just unique and very creative of Rachel Hawkins. Plus the cover is gorgeous, so why not read a book with gorgeous covers. (I keep talking about how good this cover is)


So lets talk about characters. I see the character of Harper, to be realistic. She's not entirely relatable but you can connect with her. She's strong and stands up for herself and mostly for her sister, she's also very girly at some points. I saw layers of personalities as the story went on, and her character development. 

I love David. He's very relatable. He's very witty and sarcastic. And like Harper, I saw layers of personalities in him. Which makes him a very likable character.

The plot was one of the things that kept me going. There's a lot of things going on to keep the reader interested. This book is very easy to get into, it has great world building in it. Which makes everything much more easier. There was just the right amount of action and romance.



 David and Harper was so natural and I felt the chemistry between them by just reading these pages. The story was a very quick read. You can fly through it. the first pages can get you hooked up with it pretty easily unlike other books. It wasn't just about Harper's  duty. It was about her, accepting her duty and her getting to know more about herself. And the weights that she has on her shoulders.

The writing was good. I love this kind of writing! I'm not much of a 3rd person books, I read a lot of 3rd person books but I would enjoy 1st person books more. I just love hearing Harper's thoughts on things. So there's that. This book, feels like a contemporary novel. Yes, it is Fantasy. But there's this contemporary feel.

The ending. was such a cliffhanger! That ending made me crave for the next book! AHHH expect me to be reading more rachel hawkins from now on! I highly recommend this book to people who likes Jennifer L. Armentrout books :) and to people who likes fantasy :)


5 BANANAS




No comments:

Post a Comment