Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi; Book Review

Publisher: Harper
Publication Date: Novermber 15th 2011
Format: Paperback
Number of Pages: 340
Goodreads Description:      I have a curse

I have a gift



I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon
I will fight back

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.


Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.  


* * * * *
I have wanted to read this book for so long and now I finally have. Thanks to my parents who bought it for me since I didn't have the money. (It was a reward for doing well in school anyway)

I was hesitant in reading this book because 1.) I don't know how it will work when your protagonist can't touch anybody 2.) It's super hyped up and maybe I'll get the unpopular opinion again.
But Oh Boy, I loved this book! This book totally put me out of my reading slump. I just flew through it, I read it under 24hours :)



The writing was sooooo beautiful. It's very poetic and just makes you think. There's this uniqueness that I found in her writing style. She also has these things wherein she crosses out words that she would like to say. It's pretty cool and very nice to look at.

I connected with Juliette most of the time but there were some parts wherein the connection just got thrown out of the window. There's something about Warner that draws me to him. Maybe because he reminds me of Will Herondale from TID. But to say, I like Warner.



The story was fast paced to the point that it was rushed. Everything was just rushed. I wish that we were shown into the world of Warner more and understand the things that is really going on.

There were some things that I didn't expect that caught me totally off guard. That's what I like about this book. Totally unpredictable! It was just punching me in the face when it came.

I wasn't fond with the romance aspect in this book. There was something missing. It seems like the romance in this book was, forced(?) and it was too fast. The romance happened too fast, almost it was very unbelievable.
I was like:


Plus, I didn't really like the love interest that much. 

Anyway, this book was really good. It's more into the romance genre but I still really enjoyed it. Major character development is in here guys! It was wonderful to see Juliette progress throughout the book. I recommend this to everyone! It was a fun and quick read. A mixture of X-men and Avengers and pure awesomeness. (The romance wasn't really awesome but whatever) Happy reading guys and I'll talk to you soon! 

4 BANANAS



No comments:

Post a Comment