Monday, March 16, 2015

CROWN OF MIDNIGHT BY SARA J. MAAS; BOOK REVIEW

Publisher: Bloomsbury
Publication date: September 2, 2014
Number of Pages: 448
Format: Paperback

Goodreads Summary: 
Celaena Sardothien is the king's Champion—yet she is far from loyal to the crown, for the man she serves is bent on evil. But working against her master in secret is no easy task. As Celaena tries to untangle the mysteries buried within the glass castle, she can trust no one, not even her supposed allies Crown Prince Dorian, Captain of the Guard Chaol, and foreign princess Nehemia.

Then, an unspeakable tragedy shatters Celaena's world. She must decide once and for all where her loyalties lie . . . and whom she will fight for. 




* * * * *

Hello everyone! My name is Czar and today I'm going to be reviewing on Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. 

I didn't like the first book in this series. I have a full review on it, with all the parts that is negative about the book. And tidbits of positiveness. But seriously, I wasn't planning on reading this one. Because maybe 1. It would be just like throne of glass (Celaena spending her time on books and dresses) 2. It would be a waste of money if I didn't like it. But I bought it anyway. I looked into its goodreads reviews and saw that a lot of people have been giving it 5 stars. And there wasn't much of the negative reviews. If you look into the goodreads review of throne of glass, a lot of people have been giving it 1 star, maybe 2 stars.  So I though "Why not give it a chance". But to be honest, I bought the book because my throne of glass book is lonely and it needs a partner to match its spine. 

I didn't expect much in this book. But oh boy, this book blew my mind! The first half of the book has a day-to-day pace, but it suits this book anyway. (Unlike throne of glass...) This book is full of action, and is such a page turner! There are bits of foreshadowing in this book, which was pretty obvious but still a great book. It has darker aspects to it that I really loved and gave me chills. Seriously, whenever someone would enter the room when I'm reading an intense scene, I would jump on my seat. Pretty intense scenes right here! 

I wasn't really impressed in Celaena's "badassery" in throne of glass. But on this book! AHH she totally impressed me. I also saw,her character development in this book, I saw her grow and learn. Not only in romance, but also in friendships.  Dorian was, Okay. I saw a little bit of character development but he's alright. 

Sarah J Maas totally did a work right here! And because of those foreshadowing, I could see tidbits of what she is trying to paint in the future. I have a few words to say to summarize this book. ACTION PACKED, TWISTS, SECRETS, BADASSERY, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, WOW.  



Overall, this book was amazing. Definitely one of my favorite sequels :) It is action packed, and will totally knock you out. So much feels surrounding this book.  And THAT ENDING! I really need the next book right now, but I'm still waiting for the paperback so that my books would match :) For everyone, who didn't like throne of glass, I just want to say "GIVE THIS BOOK A CHANCE" :) 


^ ^ ^ ^ as you can see, I really love Chaol, so no more explanation about him because he's perfection.

5 BANANAS, MY FRIENDS

* * * * *
That's all for today guys, I hope you enjoyed my review on this book. I hope you have a great day, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment